Friday, January 25, 2019

God's Got This

I have some pretty heavy prayer requests on my Daniel Fast prayer list. There are things I've prayed for for years and there are new prayer requests that weigh heavy on my heart. As I was praying about one of the more pressing issues, I heard the Lord say, "I've got this." Now, in my head I know that God has all things. And, He will be faithful to perform what He promised.  But when God says, I've got this," what exactly does that look like?

The answer is, "I don't know." And that is where we get stuck. We're okay knowing that God's got it, but we are not okay with not knowing how He's got it. We want all the details because knowing them makes us feel better. But, know them also eliminates an opportunity to simply trust God. If I pray and know the answer is coming on a specific day in a specific way, guess what? I'll stop praying! Knowing all the details requires no more faith... no trust... no patience. Ah, I've just said the magic word... patience.

It is the trying, the testing of our faith that develops patience in us. And James 1:3-4 tells us that patience will work on us to make us complete and mature. When we face difficulties or challenges we all have a tendency to do this. We ask someone for help. They agree to help and then we jump in and take over, or suggest ideas, or question why are they doing something that way.  What that does is frustrate the person we asked for help and we actually hinder the solution from coming.

Do we do the same thing with God? You know we do!  We ask Him for guidance and then we grab the steering wheel. He give Him a problem and then tell Him how to fix it.  Deb and I have a running joke where she can ask me to do something or tell me how to do something, but she cannot do both! But I do the very same thing with God. So when God tells me (or you), "I've got this." Just..... let....go!  His ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts.  I promise you, His solution is waaaay better than anything we can think of.

Trust Him!

Pastor Dale

4 comments:

  1. I have found that to be true. His ways are way better than anything I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romans 5:3 tells us Patience produces character and character produces hope. Never lose hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder Pastor. I am learning everyday how much we need to hand things to God and allow HIS ways to direct our ways ...

    ReplyDelete