Saturday, January 26, 2019

God, Change Me!


I know what's going through your mind right now. You know that tomorrow is the end of the Daniel Fast and you're already thinking about that one food item you've been craving. Don't deny it! I've imagined a brownie and tall, cold glass of milk, or a nice big slice of pizza. But before you totally undo all the benefits of the fast, ask yourself this. God, what have you changed in me during the Daniel Fast? You cannot spend 21 days fasting and praying without it changing something in you. Maybe you've got more peace about a situation. Maybe God has birthed some new dream or idea in your spirit. 

I know a huge part of the Daniel Fast for me is my prayer list.  Anything that makes it my Daniel Fast prayer list is a big thing.  I reserve those spots on my lists for the things I am desperate for, the things I desire the most. But one thing that always makes it to my prayer list is something for me.  This year, I am praying for greater anointing when I prepare and when I minister the Word. (I guess you'll be the first to know if god answered that prayer, LOL)

But the root of that prayer is not just for God to dump this boatload of anointing on me. The root of the prayer is, "God change me," so I can handle the boatload of anointing.  Moses was a man who understood the anointing and the presence of God. Yet, he still cried out to God, "I want to know you! I want to see your face!" It's great to seek His anointing, but why am I seeking it. If I seek His anointing so others can tell me how anointed my message was, then He will withhold that anointing. The reason I want more anointing is so I can more effectively minister to the people God has entrusted to my care. If that is my motive, the anointing will come.  But God has to root out any shred of self seeking in me.

God says, "I will not share my glory with another." Anytime someone touched His glory, it did not end well. But God has given us this wonderful responsibility to carry His glory. Just like the priest of old, they were permitted to carry the ark but were not permitted to touch the ark.  Today, we are His kingdom of priests and we all get the honor to bear His glory. In order to do that, it is I who must change. As He changes me, I carry and reflect more of His glory.  So Lord, change me! I want to represent you well on this earth.

Pastor Dale

3 comments:

  1. God has given me peace about a situation during this fast. It is so sweet to have that burden lifted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so amazed at the end of every fast at how much God still has to show me, to teach me, and how much I still have to surrender.

    Yes! God, thank you! You change me every day. Every day, you mold me and shape me. Every day a bit of the old is scraped away and He replaced the old with the new.

    I couldn't attend the woman's conference, but I did learn from it about the Japanese are of repairing broken things with gold.
    Kintsugi.

    I love, love, love keeping this imagery in my mind.

    My brokenness is precious to God. So precious He repairs me with gold.

    He replaces my old with His new.

    I am a cherished work of art in the eyes of God.

    I am more valuable than I ever knew.

    It is in my broken places where I find God's strength.❤️

    Keep changing me God!

    ReplyDelete